Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Web Address

I think I might really start to like this whole blogging thing. I love rambling in every sense of the word! It is a strange concept that this is open to the whole world, but if you have know me for more than about 5 minutes then you know there is not much I wont tell you - whether it be about myself, my opinion on the current topic or whatever. I am an open book.
It may be a strange web address, but after 28 years of exploring around the world I really think that wild strawberries might make me happier than anything else. Diving with hammerheads is up there too, but the strawberries are just something else! And also something that happens on a more regular basis. 

For those of you who have never had a delicious tiny wild strawberry it is probably hard to understand. Maybe it goes back to the summer after I first graduated from college and I decided to go on a 3 month long backpack
trip (after only doing one overnight trip ever before). It was a fantastic summer!
I saw so many beautiful places- Glacier Park and Alaska, met great people,
hitchhiked over 3,000 miles, saw my first grizzly, moose, wolf and wolverine, ate my first wild strawberry and huckleberry, almost died half a dozen times, nearly gave a sea otter a heart attack and sooo much more.
Now I def love huckleberries and thimble berries and raspberries and black berries and blue berries but the wild strawberry is the hardest to find and that helps to make it the best =)
Until this summer the most I had ever found in one bunch was maybe 20. And that was and still is exciting. But one day hiking after about 15 miles a couple weeks ago I stumbled upon hundreds! It was amazing! Beyond amazing! I couldn't even eat them all, even though I did try.
So that is the long round about story about why I decided to call it that.

No comments:

Post a Comment