Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Return to Thailand

It has been quite a while since I have lived outside the states and it is time. A couple months ago I signed a contract to go teach English to Thai students at a school somewhere over there. I won't find out what school I will be placed in until I finish the course around mid-November. I'm not really worried about it. The country is amazing, the people are some of the friendliest in the world, the food is delicious, and there is way too much fun stuff to do - scuba diving, elephant riding, caving, rope swings, full moon parties, cooking classes, markets, beaches, tigers, and I'll be right next to Laos and Cambodia. Can't wait to live in a treehouse again that is so far off the gound the only way in and out is to zipline. When I go back to Cambodia I have a package of goodies for the kids I met years ago at one of the orphanages. (I have wanted to get back there for so long now.) I would also like to re-visit Ankor Wat when I don't have giardia - that way I can enjoy it more without always looking around for the next squat tiolet.

Normally when you teach abroad you have to sign a year long contract, but I found a short term one. Perfect for someone with commitment issues, such as myself. I also enjoy being in the states in the summer. I'll be leaving November 4th and will be back in the states again around May 4th. 

I know very little about the teaching part. I know I will be teaching kids and that they will be different ages and at different levels, I will have to make weekly lesson plans, and that the classes can be large - up to almost 50 kids. Its hard to imagine what it will be like right now, but I will def be finding out soon! I am still in the early stages of my 120 hour tefl course.

I'll finish teaching at the end of March which gives me a full month to enjoy my favorite holiday in the world- Songkran (a 5 day water fight!) and goof around in SE Asia before working somewhere back over here next summer. If you have any time off in April thats the time to come over for a visit.

All these pictures posted are from my last trip to Thailand back in 2008. I was in and out of the country for about a month. It was an awesome trip, but not long enough. I'm really excited to spend the whole winter there and really get to know the country, the people, and culture. And I can not wait to eat the food!






No comments:

Post a Comment