Wednesday, October 26, 2011

USA Tour - Fall 2011

It’s less than a week before I leave for Thailand. (They changed my flight and left me hanging for 2 days about what the change was going to be!) After a month of debating about what day to leave, one way or round trip ticket and everything else I finally chose a date, time and bought a ticket...and then they change it and I’m freaking out… if you know me at all, I hope you see the irony in this whole situation.

I have missed more flights than anyone I know and often times for reasons I don’t care to mention. I have also hopped on flights with 30 seconds of planning (total), but if I lose the control or have to actually make a decision about when to fly in advance, whoa. Its never good and I go into nearly panic mode....panic mode for me =)

I just talked to the airline and we settled it all. I now leave on the 3rd. Not sure what time. I think early afternoon, which will put me into a flooded Bangkok the evening of the 4th. It’ll give me enough time to enjoy the city, find out what is underwater, hopefully eat some amazing street food (if everyone is not evacuated), and get used to being awake when everyone in the US is sleeping. The course begins on the 7th.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed that those sandbags hold. I’m not going to be flying into Thailand in the state I was expecting it to be in, but I’m totally pumped to be there and will embrace whatever is thrown in my face.

It’s been another crazy month (big surprise). I finished up working for the national park service at the end of September. Then did a crazy kayak trip with Eric down in the Black Canyon, finished my 60 hour online TELF part of the course, Albuquerque Hot Air Balloon Fiesta for 2 days, hung out with Elea and Matt in Santa Fe, went out with Denver friends, went to Boston for the weekend and was able to see Dan, Tom, Fusion and Kathy (congrats again on the engagement!), back to Denver to meet Amanda and her mom for my first Jimmy Buffett concert that didn’t quite go as planned, but everyone is alive and no surgery was needed (checked off another goal on the 30 before 30 list), then went to FL to help my dad pack up for his big move to NC, then off to Ohio to go visit my Grandma Jo, Rick, Lynda, and cousins, met Hill for a late lunch and beer then off to Harrisburg to see my other Grandma, great grandma, cousins, their kids and my aunts and uncle and am currently down in NC to go check out my dad and Pam’s new house tomorrow right after they close. Then DC for Halloween weekend and back down to Florida to see my Mom and Aaron for a few days before I fly around the world. Whew. That’s a mouthful! It has been fantastic to visit with everyone. Way too short, but better than nothing and all the memories and laughs will help keep me going when I’m half way around the world! Love you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment