Monday, December 26, 2011

Almost a Tradition

While eating an amazing Christmas dinner at my favorite Thai restaurant - May Kaidee's - I came up with an idea. When I was growing up my family never ate the traditional xmas dinner (just cinnamon rolls in the am). The meal at Mays was delicious and since I love Thai food, I thought about starting a Christmas dinner tradition with Thai food.

Then I started thinking about the logistics of it and where I have spent my last couple Christmas days. Last year I was in Rome with my dad, Pam and Hunter eating pizza, the year before I was down in Honduras and I'm sure I ate beans, cheese and tortillas at some point on Christmas day, the year before I was at my mom's place eating good old favorites from my childhood and the year before that I was eating whatever they served down in Antarctica.

I suppose there is a reason a Christmas tradition has never been established and I realized I want the tradition to be the randomness of it all. Whether the randomness involves the people I am with, the continent I'm on or the food I eat - it's more fitting to my lifestyle. =)

I hope everyone had a great Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment