Friday, December 9, 2011

TEFL Complete

The TEFL Course wrapped up today. I have been taking the course for the past two week- learning how to put together lesson plans, presenting them, learning about Thai culture and a few Thai words, ect. Everything in the course will come in handy while teaching over here. The course was geared towards teaching English to students who don't know the language, but there were lots of useful teaching techniques that should cross over while teaching Biology and Health.

The school I'll be teaching at is called The Demonstration School of Ramkhumhaeng University and I'll be working in the DSRU English Program. (Its a mouthful.) Christy, a girl from the course will also be working at DSRU. The students started school this week and I was able to meet a couple of them while filling out paperwork for the school yesterday. They are super cute!

Christy and I will be moving into our apartments this weekend. We are living in a building called Full House and have rooms right next to each other. The room is very simple - bed, desk, chair, toilet, cold shower, a small but cute balcony and a fan.  I'll take some pics of the apt and school soon.

We have a three day weekend before school begins so I'm going to go back to Kanchanaburi. It's a town to the west of the city that I fell in love with last time I was here. I'm really looking forward to getting out of the city for a couple days. Time to go put together some lesson plans and power points.

No comments:

Post a Comment