Friday, January 27, 2012

Montana Wins

I have finally made a decision about what to do with my life after the teaching position here ends. I have been playing around with the idea of staying in Thailand to teach for another year (they really want me to sign the contract for next year), teaching scuba diving somewhere in Asia (since I am already here), or going back to Montana.


The teaching is great and I love the kids, but I just can't live in Bangkok. There are many other schools in Thailand that are in better locations, but they don't have the kids that are at DSRU. They would be my reason for staying at DSRU.



I keep putting the scuba diving on hold, so what's another 6 months. I do plan on getting my instructor certification before arriving back in the states, that way I am ready to work in some tropical destination with an ocean next fall.

After one 10 minute conversation about whiskey and kayaking and good times my mind was set! (Thanks Ben) The original plan was to go back. That was the whole reason I found a short term teaching contract, but then Thailand has been amazing....

Decisions are hard to make when each one has a great outcome. Of course there were many other factors that helped with the decision. I love traveling, overcoming the challenges, new experiences, but they all come with the cost of less time with friends and family. (I don't want to miss my grandmas big 80th Birthday!)




Home sweet home


No comments:

Post a Comment